Friday, January 13, 2012

Music and homework

Is it possible to dream music? I stare wide eyed at the ceiling some nights with invisible song lyrics flying past my eyes, a melody in my head and a rhythm in my heart. I can hear all the different parts of the song but I can never seem to play them when I want to. Its like the music man inside of me is trapped. I sat down and starting doing a rough recording last night. I can't seem to make my voice do on a mic what it does when I'm playing live. It is strange. I would have finished recording the song but I had another engagement to attend to. Scott and I are doing a song for the singles ward talent show. It is going to be EPPIC! If only he could decide on a part for the solo we would be set.

My recording sessions were doing great while school was out. I actually had time to write, record, and edit; but now all I have time for is work and school. I am only taking 12 credit hours. I should be able to keep up with this kind of thing. I guess some things just have to wait for the right time. Hopefully I will have some time to record this weekend, assuming I get done with my homework. I want to give away a few CD's with my songs on it at the talent show. Maybe I would be able to build a better fan base.

No comments:

Post a Comment