Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Update on life

I've been really bad at updating blogs. I update this almost as much as I write in my journal. I guess keeping records of things was never really my strong suite.

I currently work as the day shift supervisor of security at The Gateway. It has its ups and downs. I like the work but am not a huge fan of the hours I have. I wish I could have a more normal schedule. I work Thursday-Sunday and don't have much time to be able to make it to church. Fortunately I was able to go last Sunday and even taught the Sunday School lesson. I think it went well. There was a lot of material to cover in a short amount of time. I didn't even get to lightly brush some of the topics.

My best friend Scott Fisher bought a house finally and we are currently waiting for the people living in it to move out so we can start the long process of painting, carpeting, cleaning, and moving in. I can't wait to finally move out. It is something I've wanted to do since I got home from my mission. Once you live out on your own its very hard to go back to living with parents. I am grateful they let me for a while though so I could save up some money so I won't be scraping by and barely making ends meet while I live with Scott.

I've been writing a lot of songs lately. I have enough good ones I would like to at some point professionally record a full CD. I already have the CD title picked out and everything. The songs touch on deep personal subjects to me. They talk of love and loss and even death. It isn't mainstream music that someone could just turn the radio on and hear. It is music someone needs to search for and enjoy in their own private way. The songs are personal enough that I can put my whole heart into them but aren't so specific that others can't relate to them.

I'm still in the Army National Guard and am enjoying my time with fellow comrades and still despising the way the government runs things. The motto of the armed forces is still and will always be Hurry up and Wait. Its a wonder we win wars.

That's all for now. Hopefully someone reads this at some point. Leave a comment if you want...that way I'll know you were here.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for home ownership. Is it going to just be the two of you or are you going to rent out some more rooms to others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea is to rent out one more room. We don't want it too crowded.

    ReplyDelete